I REALLY LIKE THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW
While watching a rerun this morning I ran across Season 3, "Andy Discovers America" on Netflix.
This single show exemplifies at least 10 examples of what's wrong with virtually all education (from K right through the corporate board room). I wonder how many egregious errors you can find?
1) Teacher is standing in front of classroom quizzing students and choosing students with waving hands.
2) Teacher asks questions before providing the answers, setting kids up for failure.
3) Teacher lectures failing students in front of class.
4) Teacher pits boys against girls.
5) Teacher uses homework to set kids up to fail.
6) Teacher thinks solution is to "confront" parents.
7) Students are struggling with homework, so she doubles it.
8) Teacher thinks the way to teach history is to go back to the beginning again.
9) Teacher writes giberish on blackboard with back to class.
10) Teacher fails to catch kids doing the right thing.
By the way, I saw Ms. Landers do the exact same thing on Leave it to Beaver. For those of you with Netflix, I recommend watching the Andy Griffith segment. I think it's a brilliant depiction of what master teachers set out to avoid. Enjoy.
Thanks for all you do to help kids succeed,
- Facebook = www.facebook.com/brainsarefun
- Twitter = www.twitter.com/brainsarefun
* We know that some people don't have $24.95 right now to purchase Brainsarefun solutions, but still need success with reading, math and study skills. If you need any of our solutions email me and I'll send them to you for free: email@example.com. I love to send stuff out for free. I love it when people buy our solutions. Either way kids win with reading and math. Make sure you sign up for more free reading and math tips and our monthly eBlast. Thanks.
Rory Donaldson, reading, math and study-skills teacher. Brainsarefun founder. Fearless Friday Blog published fearlessly every Friday, © 2013 by Rory Donaldson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-304-3178.